Fire Safety Training
Under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, the ‘Responsible Person’ (usually the employer), must ensure that there is adequate Fire Safety Awareness Training for all staff. The ultimate objectives of the training are as follows:
- To safeguard lives: Most fires are started by PEOPLE, by something they did, or didn’t, do. The more we can understand about the hazards and risks associated with fire, the better.
- To minimise damage to property: Property damage and damage to equipment & materials may devastate a business. Most business involved in a major fire never financially recover!
- To minimise unexpected behaviour: In a real fire situation, untrained people can behave in unusual ways. By carrying out fire safety training, your staff will be more confident and know how to react and what procedures to follow.
- To comply with the law!
Fire Safety Awareness
The areas we cover during our Fire Awareness training include:
- The chemistry and nature of fire
- Reducing the risk of Fire in the workplace
- Appreciation and awareness of fire control measures
- Awareness of the different types of firefighting equipment / fire extinguishers and their use (theory with practical if requested)
Fire Marshal / Fire Warden Training
For Fire Marshal / Fire Warden Training we also include further content including:
- Human behaviour in a fire
- The role of the Fire Warden / Fire Marshal
- Liaising with the Fire Service
This session will give your Fire Marshals / Fire Wardens the confidence and expertise to deliver their role effectively
Other Fire Safety related courses:
- Fire Extinguisher Training (practical session)
- Fire Risk Assessment Training
Once you have received your training, we are happy to provide ongoing support, advice and guidance on your fire safety related queries and issues after the course as necessary.
We can carry out the training on your site for a group of employees, or in our training suite in Horwich, Bolton.
Call us now on 01204 772977 to discuss your requirements.