The need for First Aid Training
The Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 require all employers to provide adequate and appropriate equipment, facilities and personnel to enable first aid to be given to employees if they are injured or become ill at work. These regulations apply to all workplaces including those with less than five employees and to the self-employed.
This qualification introduces candidates to:
- The roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- The legal requirements for first aid provision
- The importance of accurate incident reporting
- First aid equipment and its safe use
- The need to minimise the risk of infection
- The importance of assessing an incident
- Undertaking a primary survey
- When and how to call for help
The training and assessment will cover the following topics:
- Roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- Assessment and management of first aid incidents
- Management of an unconscious casualty
- Management of a casualty who is not breathing normally
- Management of a casualty who is choking
- Management of a casualty who has a bleeding injury
- Management of a casualty who is in shock
Course duration: one-day programme
Assessment method: practical assessment plus an examination consisting of multiple-choice questions
In the practical assessment, candidates will be tested on the following five elements:
- Recovery position
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Emergency First Aid at Work
The Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work is accredited by Ofqual, ensuring that the training courses you provide are of the highest quality.
What this means for candidates
Successfully completing the Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work course will qualify candidates to become a first aider in their workplace.
Successful candidates receive Certification, valid for three years and an ID card as evidence of their first aid skills.
We have received excellent feedback on our First aid training delivery for a number of years. we make our courses relevant, interactive and fun!
We also offer the Full three-day First Aid qualification and the refresher courses for both these courses.
Call us now to discuss your requirements, with no obligation.
We also offer
- First Aid at Work Qualification – (3 days) plus refresher courses
- AED Defibrillation Training (1 Day)
- Pediatric First Aid (2 Days)
LEVEL 3 FIRST AID
Comply at Work Ltd,
5 Mason Street,
Alternatively, fill out the form below: