Awareness is a stand-alone Level 1 qualification, which complements the Foundation Certificate in Health and Safety in the Workplace.
It is aimed at raising awareness of likely sources of work-related stress, the range of symptoms and effects it can cause and the options available for its control.
While the level of the qualification is aimed at general workers, it would provide a suitable introduction to the issue of work-related stress for more senior staff.
Successful completion will prepare students to look carefully at their own work activities and contribute to the development of strategies to combat work-related stress, in co-operation with their managers and supervisors.
This unit of study can be delivered as a stand-alone qualification and there are no specific pre-requisites. Approx 5 – 6 hours.
By the end of the programme the student will be able to:
- explain what is meant by the term stress and in particular work-related stress.
- explain the importance of controlling stress in the workplace.
- explain the typical stress related factors in the workplace.
- identify stress in colleagues and themselves.
- advise on and implement controls in the workplace to reduce stress.
- monitor colleagues and themselves in relation to stress at work.
The course concludes with a student self-assessment.
- Definitions of stress.
- Stress as an occupational health hazard.
- Identification of basic workplace stressors.
- Development of basic controls for work-related stressors.
- Responsibilities imposed under UK legislation.
Book your course today
Phone: 01204 77 29 77
Comply at Work Ltd,
5 Mason Street,
Alternatively, fill out the form below: